A conversation exercise for two students
This exercise was kindly provided by the learners class at the Ireland Supporters Club over in Mississauga, Canada. Many thanks !
Two students can act out this little dialog and then the rest of the class should answer the five questions that follow it
Here's a few suggestions -
- The students who are acting should make eye contact with each other. Do not stare down at your page while talking.
- Don't be afraid to put in a bit of expression in your voice.
- When speaking make sure you pronounce all the fadas on the words.
- After a few attempts you might want to try it without glancing down at the script or you might even want to ad-lib a little bit. Be creative ! An bhfuil Jimí h-aon Dreacs le fáil as Gaeilge ?
- Grammar nuts can add up the number of times that words are aspirated or eclipsed. Can you see the reason for each ?
Now to view the text and questions click here (16KB pdf)